The children love ‘Aistear’ (playtime). We go into small groups and play for 30 minutes every day.
This month we’ve been learning all about Autumn:
· We’ve gone on outdoor walks to find signs of Autumn. This week we also did some leaf rubbings.
· We’ve had lots of sensory play with our Autumn tuff tray and sand pit full of conkers, pine cones, leaves etc. (BIG thanks to everyone who contributed to this!)
· We’ve done awesome Autumn art like painting Autumn trees and making leaf men
· We’ve had great fun during role play in our ‘Pumpkin Patch café’
· We’ve improved our cutting skills when cutting out Autumn creatures
· We’ve made wonderful Autumn creations with playdough.
Our buddies in 3rd class come to help us during Aistear time too.
We hope you enjoy these photos!